2012-09-09

Done a bike ride.

Inspired by @ChateauGateaux's epic rides and prodded not too subtly by @henleysmissus to do some sodding exercise, I took to the bike this morning. Several things were learned:


  1. 6 weeks is far too long to leave between rides...but...
  2. The difference between "less unfit" and "very unfit" is state during and after the ride. I still average 20km/h.
  3. I still don't have my seat position correct (oww...)
  4. East Hampshire has become less flat in the last couple of months
  5. There's a LOT of East Hampshire I've never seen, even after close-on 20 years here
  6. There's a lot more military presence within 10 miles of my house than I was aware of
  7. Our country lanes suffered a lot with the poor weather this year
  8. They're still suffering from some odd drilling and other maintenance activities leaving crud all over the roads
  9. Just because someone in a 4x4 on a tiny road nearly runs you over doesn't mean they're a bad man. He even pointed me in the right direction at a crossroads.
  10. My god it's beautiful out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment