2010-09-08

Film Night - Scott Pilgrim

Went and saw this film last night. I can't believe a film with such a Nerdy heritage and back-story is so popular, but I'm glad it is.

I didn't spend enough time (or 10p pieces) in arcades as a nipper to get all the references and homages, but I got my fair share. From the Windows sound, the Apple ding, Queen's Flash Gordon sound effects and the numerous implausible beat-em-up inspired special moves and announcements, a rollicking great time was had.

Special mention must be made of the Soundtrack which was superb both in content and particularly in terms of appropriateness for the subject matter. So much so that for the first time in an extremely long time I should go hunt down the soundtrack album...

My apologies to the other patrons of the cinema who would have gotten annoyed with my chuckling along throughout but I enjoyed it.

A good friend characterised it as "Not going to win any Oscars but doesn't stop it being a great use of a couple of hours". I agree wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment